YouTube is one of the world’s biggest websites, hosting millions of videos from all around the world. It lets users upload, view, share, and even make money from the videos they upload. As a YouTube partner, your eligible videos may earn money from relevant ads after you enable them for monetization.
What is YouTube Partner Program?
The YouTube Partner Program provides you with tools and programs to improve your skills, build your audiences, and earn money by monetizing more content.
It allows you to make money from the ads that run before or during your videos. YouTube typically takes 45 percent of the advertising revenue from videos, with 55 percent going to the uploader.
YouTube Partner Program Requirements
You are eligible for the YouTube Partner Program if your YouTube channel meets the following criteria:
- The program has launched in your country.
- Your account is in good standing and has not previously been disabled for monetization.
- You upload original, quality content that is advertiser-friendly.
- Your video content complies with YouTube Terms of Service and Community Guidelines.
How to Become a YouTube Partner
You can check whether your account is available for monetization on the Monetization tab in your account settings.
If you see the message “Your monetization tab has been disabled,” this means your account is not eligible for monetization as it may not be in good standing or may have been disabled for monetization previously.
If you see the message “This feature is currently not available in your country,” this means you will have to apply for the YouTube Partner Program via an application,
If your account is eligible, you can sign up for the YouTube Partner Program by clicking on “Enable My Account” and following the steps to accept the YouTube Monetization agreement.
Enable Ads on Videos
To be considered a YouTube partner and access promotional and skill building opportunities, you must have at least one video approved for monetization.
You can submit a video for monetization upon upload or after you have uploaded the video. You video will be reviewed by YouTube before ads begin to show.
- Click the “Monetization” tab on the upload page and click the “Monetize my video” check box.
- Select the ad formats.
- Click “Save changes” button.
- Click “Edit” or “$” next to the video that you want to monetize.
- On the “Monetization” tab, click the “Monetize my video” check box.
- Select the ad formats.
- Click “Save changes” button
How do I get paid?
To get payments you need to associate your AdSense account with your YouTube account. Once you have associated AdSense with YouTube, you can be paid when your earnings reach your local payment threshold.