A mobile site, simply put, is a version of your website or blog that is reconfigured to take advantage of the smaller screen present on most mobile devices.
Websites designed to be viewed on a computer tend to look cluttered on devices like iPhone and can be needlessly difficult to navigate. Creating a mobile site fixes this problem and can allow you to bring more visitors to your site and its content.
If your blog is hosted on Blogger, you don’t have to know anything about HTML or computer programming in order to get a mobile version of your blog ready for public consumption. You can get this version of your site off the ground in just a few short minutes.
How to Make Blogspot Blog Mobile Friendly
1. Open your Internet browser and access your main Blogger dashboard. Navigate to the main Blogger site and either log in (if necessary) or click the “Dashboard” link at the top of the screen.
2. Click the name of the blog that you want to work with. This opens a page detailing specific information about that particular blog.
3. Click the option reading “Template” on the left side of the screen. You will see two options in the main portion of the window – one reading “Live on Blog” and one reading “Mobile.”
Just below the “Mobile” section will be a button marked with a picture of a cog. Click this button one time.
4. Click the option reading “Yes. Show mobile template.” This will enable a mobile version of your site. A preview of the mobile version of your site will immediately load in the box directly below this option.
5. Click the drop down menu in the “Choose a mobile template” section to select a specific template to use for your mobile site. You can choose from one of the pre-existing templates offered by the Blogger service or you can create your own.
Make any changes that you deem necessary using this screen. Click the orange “Save” button at the bottom of the screen to save your changes.
The mobile version of your Blogger site will immediately go live and will be viewable on all mobile devices by users who try to access its content