DreamHost, who has been a WordPress partner since 2005, has one of the most knowledgeable tech support teams for hosting WordPress accounts. They are hosting well over 750,000 WordPress blogs and websites globally.
It provides a free Auto Installer and Auto Upgrader for hosted WordPress accounts, as well as an option to upgrade to DreamPress – an optimized version of WordPress.
DreamHost hosting package comes with a free domain registration. You get a .com, .org, .net, or .info domain free for the life of your hosting. The domain will be registered in your name and you are free to take it to another hosting company without any problem.
Register at DreamHost
1. If you are not a DreamHost customer, Go to DreamHost to Signup.
2. Enter your Email address, Password, and click “Continue”.
3. Replace “mynewdomain.com” with your domain name, and click “Continue”.
4. Select the plan (1 Year prepaid at $119.40 or 2 Years prepaid at $214.80), and click “Continue”.
5. Enter your billing address details and click “Continue”.
6. Enter some more details, tick the box, and click “Continue”.
7. Now enter your payment information.
8. Click “Continue” and you will be taken to DreamHost dashboard.
Install WordPress on DreamHost
Installing WordPress on Dreamhost is very simple. You just need go to the goodies section on Panel and use the One-Click Install to automatically install WordPress.
1. Click on “One-Click Installs”.
2. Scroll down to WordPress, and click it.
3. A pop-up window will open. Click “Custom Installation” button.
4. Install to: From the drop-down list, choose the domain where you want to install WordPress.
Select Database: Automatically Create Database
Deluxe Install: Check “Deluxe Install” if you want to includes free, open source, themes from Automattic, a standard selection of plugins, and security enhancement.
4. Click the “Install it for me now!”
You will now get an email from DreamHost with final instructions to configure WordPress.
Enter website title, your user name, your password (twice) and your e-mail address. Leave the box checked if you would like your blog to appear in search engines like Google, Bing, etc.
Once you fill in all the information, press the Install WordPress button.
Your WordPress blog has been installed.
Visit your blog’s login page by placing “wp-admin” after your domain name (e.g. http://example.com/wp-admin). Now login WordPress using your username and password.