By default, your Blogger (BlogSpot) blog is public, and can be read by anyone on the Internet. Blogger gives you the option to make your blog private and restrict who can view it.
You have two options to choose from – Only blog authors or Only these readers.
Only blog authors – Your blog is restricted so that only blog authors can read it. Other visitors to this blog will not be able to read any posts; instead they will get a message stating that this is a private blog.
Only these readers – You can restrict your blog to only readers you choose. However, these readers will need to log in before reading your blog, adding an extra step.
If you want to make it private, follow the below given steps.
1. Beside the blog you want to make private, click the the grey Post List icon.
2. From the drop-down menu Select Settings.
3. Click on Edit under the Blog Readers section in the Settings tab.
4. Select Only these readers.
5. Click the Add Readers link and then enter the email address of a person to whom you want to make your blog available. To add multiple people, separate their email addresses with commas.
6. Click Save Changes.
For each address entered, the Google Account associated with that address will be given access to view your blog. If an address is not associated with an account, that person will be sent an invitation email with a link allowing them do one of three things:
- Sign in to an existing account
- Create a new account
- View your blog as a guest (no account required)
In the first two cases, the reader will be given permission to view your blog whenever they are signed in to their Google Account. As a guest, they will be able to continue viewing your blog through the link in the invitation email, but this will expire after 30 days.
If you want to revoke someone’s access to your blog, simply click the X link next to his or her name in the Blog Readers list. You can select Anybody option any time to make your blog public again.